Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Big Dig

Since my special friend Justin P. (age 4 3/4) has taken such an active interest in the house project, I'm posting this one especially for him! (Justin -- I'll keep the photos coming, but your mommy was right when she told you that it's going to take a while for the house to be built. I promise I'll let you know when, though!)

After the trees came down...before they were hauled away.



The weather continues to plague us, although progress is being made. There were some large tress on our lot that, sadly, had to go. Their roots were either going to cause damage to the new house or their locations meant they had slim to no chances of surviving the construction. I don't have a particularly green thumb, but I thought that it was sad to see the trees go. Especially my beloved cherry blossom tree...remember how much I loved it?? I would have taken more photos last year if only I'd known it would be our last spring together!!


Gone they are, as is a ton of dirt. It's all making way for the FOUNDATION THAT WILL BE POURED TOMORROW. Weather permitting, of course.

A few LARGE tree stumps remain, and they're blocking the port-a-potty. Now how in the world are those workers going to "go"?

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com