Sunday, July 18, 2010

Big Love in the Big Apple (AKA Sara and Leon tie the knot!)

Weddings are special. They always are. But when especially wonderful people get married, they're magical.

Last weekend, Noah's little sister got married. Sara's a remarkable person. She's wise beyond her years. Creative beyond belief. Beautiful inside and out. And she's got a heart of gold. Amazingly, a few years ago she met her match...someone whose "joie de vivre" matches hers. And on July 10th, she and Leon walked down the aisle.


While it rained over the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens on their wedding day, I was reminded by Leon's mother that "Rainy Wedding = Happy Marriage." I'm happy to say that it rained on my wedding day too.

Brooklyn Botanical Gardens -- The Palm House



I wish that I were eloquent enough in my writing to do the wedding justice. I wish that I could retype the toasts that were given by two of Sara's friends and two of Leon's -- they were funny and sentimental and full of love. I wish that I could bottle the scent of the stunningly beautiful flowers...or capture the magic of the sun beams that cut through the dark rain clouds just as the ceremony ended. I also wish I could erase the two giant blisters that I got from dancing. But, hey, they were well worth it; the band was AWESOME!

I can say that, amazingly, Anna walked down the aisle this time. Her thumb was in her mouth, but down the aisle she went. I was proud of my two girls, and I was thrilled for Sara and Leon.

Is there an equivalent of "cat got your tongue" with photos? The kids stopped smiling the second I got the camera out, but I still couldn't resist getting Sara and the little ones.

Lily playing bride -- somehow she managed to get Sara's bouquet!



Leave it to Lily to make a new best friend, 5 minutes after meeting Saskia (who traveled to the wedding from London!).



Lily running through the gardens -- what a BREATHTAKING venue!


The girls partied for as long as they could...and although Lily was determined to make it to the cake cutting, they couldn't quite keep up.

So, Sara and Leon...we didn't need the rain to foreshadow the happiness that we know will be ripe in your marriage. Although we had to navigate past three auto accidents to get there, nothing could have kept us away! Lots and lots of love to you two!!

PS -- not only do my word not do this wedding justice, but neither do my photos. Click HERE to see some from the photographer!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com