Thursday, July 26, 2007

Love

"Daddy, you're the best daddy in the whole, wide world."

"Mommy, you are my favorite friend."

Ahh...

I'm sure that in about 11 years, when our darling angel becomes a (GASP!) teenager, we'll need to refer back to this posting to remember that yes, indeed, we were once loved.

While she's not exactly as cuddly as she was as an infant, she's efusive with her adoration.

What did we do to deserve this? I'm not exactly sure. But the feeling is definitely mutual. And until she decides that we have "cooties" and are just totally embarassing, Noah and I are both soaking up all the intense toddler love that flows in our direction.

And I've got to hand it to her, when she draws with crayon on the coffee table...colors the dog with sidewalk chalk...or leaves us too-gross-to-write-about "treats" in her underwear....just when you want to strangle the kid she will look up at you and smile and say, "But I love you."

She's got us just where she wants us. And yes, my middle name actually is sucker!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com