Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful

In between our three Thanksgiving celebrations, playdates, SOS calls to a plumber, and a Black Friday shopping trip to Toys R Us (thankfully NOT when they opened at 5 a.m.), we did find time to reflect on all that we have to be thankful for. This year, in particular, there really is a great deal to for which to give thanks.

Lily is an amazing three year old who stuns us day in and day out. From her many declarations of "What the HECK!" and "Mom, you're killing me!!" to her new-found wit and practical jokes, she's something to behold.

The pregnancy, now in week 19, is progressing well. I go back for the next ultrasound on Wednesday, December 5th. We'll confirm the gender at that appointment. Then the official "search for the perfect name" will begin. Until then she's been dubbed Goldilocks by Lily (who claims that there are only two options -- Goldilocks and Cinderella and she's taking Cinderella herself).

There's a ton more for which Noah and I are grateful; too much to list.

We did ask Lily, and her friend Jackson, what they were thankful for this season. I wish I'd been taping their responses.

Lily -- "I'm thankful for my mommy and my daddy and doggie." (Truman's new name, according to the almighty herself.)

Jackson -- "I'm thankful for Lily."

I mean....don't you just want to eat them alive?

Hope you have much to be thankful for as well!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com