Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Outtakes

I have gotten a number of compliments on this year's holiday card; thank you! As much as I would love to say that everyone cooperated and it was a piece of cake, it was...um...well...an interesting experience.

Capturing two children smiling at the same time seems to completely elude me. Heck, getting them in the same frame at the same time is a challenge! Thanks to my Nikon D40X SLR camera -- best Mother's Day present EVER -- at least I don't have that awful shutter delay to contend with anymore.

So I did quite a bit of online browsing to find a holiday card that would allow me to use a few different photos -- one "highlighting" each of the girls and (yes, I was holding my breath), ideally, one of both of the girls. As always, Tiny Prints had just what I was looking for.

The final product --

A few of the twelve million photos we had to take to get the three you just saw --

Leaf in ear...

plus an overly enthusiastic kiss...

lead to tears...

and more tears...

which only ceased AFTER she started to eat leaves (notice the look of disdain on Lily's face -- don't blame her!).

We may have to start taking pictures in August for next year's card. Who knows...it could take that long to convince both girls to look at the camera and smile at the same time.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com