Saturday, February 14, 2009

XOXO (Smooches!)


While I've never been a big fan of this holiday -- even after I had a guaranteed date with whom to celebrate it for life -- I do like the idea of taking one day each year (at least!) to celebrate love. Of all kinds.


In December '07 we traveled to Sedona, Arizona with my mother and brother for a little post-Christmas R&R. It was incredible. I keep meaning to post photos. Will get around to that one of these days....heck, I'm a year late so a few more days/weeks won't matter much.


After arriving late at night, we decided to meet in the hotel restaurant for breakfast the following morning. Noah, Lily and I (with Anna in my tummy) were the first to arrive in the restaurant. As the host was taking us to our table, he turned to Lily and asked her what Santa had brought her for Christmas. A bit confused, she's blurted out, "I don't celebrate Christmas....and some boys marry boys." I can't exactly connect those dots -- not sure how they're related -- but I was one proud mommy when I realized how honest, open and accepting my daughter is growing up to be. Even at the young age of three!! You should have seen the look on this poor and unsuspecting guy's face. Wish I had a picture of THAT.

With Lily's comments in mind, I'll leave you on this "day of love" with the following video. Minus any commentary. I think it speaks -- rather eloquently -- for itself.


"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.

1 comments:

MiracleBlanket said...

Hi! I’m Mike Gatten, inventor of Miracle Blanket, and your blog was just brought to my attention. I noticed your mention of the Miracle Blanket and I wanted to say a HUGE thank you! As a matter of fact, we can’t thank you and others enough for helping us spread the word. We really want to help other parents avoid the all-too-common problem of sleep deprivation with a newborn, but we have found that getting the word out is incredibly difficult. People just don’t believe us when we tell them it might be “this easy.” The fact is, advertising doesn’t work for a product like ours, so we rely solely on word-of-mouth from parents and professionals who have been so great as to give us a try and then tell everyone about their experience.

To show my personal gratitude I want to thank you with a free Miracle Blanket! If you don’t need it for yourself you might give it as a gift or maybe a giveaway on your blog.

Please call Susan in Marketing and she will send you a free Miracle Blanket of your choice – really! (214) 675.0539.

And again, thank you so very much!

Mike

 
design by suckmylolly.com