Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Daddy Duty

I've said it before, but I think the person most impacted by the increase in our family size from three to four was Noah. Partially it had to do with Lily's change of school -- which also translated to a change in chauffeur (from me when she was downtown to Noah now that she's in Arlington). But partially it had to do with the fact that my hands were full with newborn Anna. If she wasn't attached to me nursing, we were both passed out from exhaustion.

Noah, who had always been an involved parent, became...for a time at least...THE involved parent. I was too tired to feel guilty, so I took full advantage of their extra bonding time.

And while we've settled back in to a more equal holding pattern, especially now that Anna isn't so completely attached to me, Noah and Lily spend tons of time together. Oedipus would have a field day with this one!

I try not to ask too many questions. Were teeth brushed tonight? Did a bath play any part in the bedtime routine? Was there a stop at the bakery on the ONE mile commute home?

I have a feeling that I don't want to know the answers. Now that Noah has an iPhone though (with its handy camera), I'm now finding evidence uploaded to iPhoto...

at least toothpaste does seem to be involved...

posing after dance class...yes, Super Dad even suffers through ballet...

like I said, there's photographic evidence (not sure which one is bigger -- Lily or the cookie!).

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com