Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lily on Ice

Today we went to an ice skating birthday party for one of Lily's oldest friends...a buddy from back in the daycare days. And while my tush will be completely bruised tomorrow from the few spills that I took while trying to help Lily skate, it was so worth it to see her reconnect with a fun friend (whose parents are totally wonderful too...I'm all for this reunion!).

Lily is a bright child -- hey, her teacher said it so I'm allowed to repeat it -- who is naturally gifted at many things. Talking being No. 1 on the list. Seriously. Her teacher said that too (wonder where she gets that trait...)

And since she's so good at so many things, she's not always apt to try new things that may take some practice before she can master them (yes, yes...something we're working on). Last weekend's birthday party, at a taekwondo studio, saw Lily sitting on the sidelines observing; she wanted none "of that." I will admit that it was awfully loud; I can't blame her entirely for not wanting to participate.

So I wasn't sure how she'd take to the ice today. I supposed it helped that I donned ice skates too (not telling her about how I broke my wrist in the 4th grade while ice skating) and carted her around the ring. Literally. "This is so easy and so much fun!" uttered Lily more than once. Umm...you bet your not-bruised-fanny-because-mine-will-be it was easy....I was doing all the work!

Seeing as though the Kettler Iceplex, where the Washington Capitals practice, is only about a mile and a half from our house, if she likes it and is game for more, I'm happy! I hear that it's going to be a long and cold winter...

Not at all happy at first...



A happy camper by the end!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com