Monday, December 21, 2009

Sweet Child of Mine...


Although I'm sure I'll rue the day I said something so early -- this process took some 12 months with Lily -- Anna seems to be heading toward real live underpants at a break-neck pace.

Over the past 24 hours she's asked for, and subsequently used, the potty four times (as of 4:15 on 21 December). Each time she goes, her smile gets bigger and bigger. The last time I actually remembered to reward her, and while we don't have any M&Ms in the house, we do have some leftover Hanukkah gelt which did well in a pinch. Now that she knows chocolate is involved...well...she could be trained by week's end. She loves chocolate that much.

They say that the second trains faster than the first. And I know that we are FAR from being diaper-free. But I'm so happy that I could squeal. (a) I HATE changing diapers...hate, hate, hate and (b) being potty trained is a pre-requisite at just about every preschool to which we've applied. Countdown to fall has begun, and it looks like my baby is right on track!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com