Sunday, May 9, 2010

I have a very special friend and Mommy is her name-o!

Mother's day started early this year with the Spring Fling concert and art show at Lily's school on Friday. The concert was adorable. And hilarious. Between Lily's side of the risers being about a sentence ahead of the rest of the school...and the little boy next to her making faces during the entire show...I didn't have a chance to get sentimental. It was, after all, her LAST. PRESCHOOL. EVENT. Sigh...kindergarten here she comes!



Think someone instructed the kids to clasp their hands while filing in???

Part of the Tulip class...ready for action.


Don't ask...

Class clown? He had me laughing the entire concert.

As is always the case, we were all blown away by the art show. Last year's favorite of mine was an aboriginal-style painting. This year the jury is still out. Although I'm scratching my head over Lily's "self-portrait," a painting that, according to my mother, is technically quite good (for a 5 year old that is) but that, according to everyone who has seen it, looks more like Anna that Lily. Hmm...


The celebration of all things mom-related involved me sleeping LATE today (the best gift of all!), brunch at my mother's, a visit with my brother (who was in town for the weekend...yay!), Skyping with my dear friend, Ellen, and a delicious dinner at home with Noah and the girls. The day concluded with me flexing my mama muscles by making chicken soup. From scratch. Tomorrow night's menu = Jewish penicillin. Because all four of us need it.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all my mommy friends!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com