Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Greetings... Part 2


Although amazingly... sadly... I don't have ANY photos from Hanukkah this year (how did that happen?!?), I was able to snap a few at the Hanukkah Family Service/Shir Joy Hanukkah Concert at Temple.

My cousin Susana and I got the "brilliant" idea to sign our girls up for the Temple K-2 choir this year. Without asking them. And although they've both protested at various points along the way, she and I seem to be winning the battle of the wills. Lesson learned: ignored complaints will SOME TIMES actually go away.

We missed the first Shir Joy choir concert. It was the same weekend as "the incident", and Lily was in no mood to leave the house let alone perform in public. So be it. By the time concert #2 rolled around, she seemed to actually be embracing the idea. And her beloved cousin.


I'm happy to say that Hanukkah was a grand-slam success this year. Noah and I got eachother...well...a brand new and much larger mortgage.

The girls got just about everything on their wish lists. Nothing really big. But big hits all around! Lily was so excited on the first day of Hanukkah that she came home and reported that she'd had a hard time concentrating in school. In my book that = mission accomplished.

Remember, this is the child who, when asked what she wanted for Hanukkah at age two replied...to sit on Santa's lap.


And while I couldn't be more proud of Anna and her super Spanish skills, it knocks my socks off that Lily is learning...REALLY learning...Hebrew. It's awesome. Uber awesome.



(apologies for the poor camera angle...which includes some awful, um, boob shots...but I had to be stealth since all cameras were strictly forbidden in the sanctuary... my disobedience probably doesn't bode well for me in the after life!)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com