Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year

I'm still in the midst of finalizing my resolutions for 2011. First resolution...make at least one of my resolutions very actionable (definitive start and finish) so that I actually DO it. And then cross it off the list.

One of my less quantifiable resolutions will be to stop and smell the roses a bit more. Yes, it's cliche, but I'm sometimes a bit too focused on doing, doing, doing that I forget to slow down and enjoy life's little moments. With two small children in the house, there are lots and lots of little moments. I resolve to not only notice them more, but to partake.

So instead of getting dressed up for some fancy New Year's Eve gala, Noah and I took the girls to a local First Night celebration. The main street was closed with back to back bands playing on center stage. There was "FUNalley" set up for kids, with free popcorn and hot chocolate to keep them going between the moon bounces and velcro wall. And many of the stores stayed open late. Including one of our favorites...a local paint your own pottery place.


No need to rub your eyes to check them...Anna's mouth is, indeed, blue. Thanks to an ill-timed lollipop.






And while we definitely didn't burn the midnight oil, the girls got to burn past their regular bedtimes. When we got home we had our own NYE dance-a-thon; I can only imagine what the neighbors must have thought if they caught glimpse of the four or us "getting down" (the entire back of our house is glass after all). No I can't dance...and yes my girls take after me. But we had fun. Lots of fun. And then toasted our Fox-Israel Family with a some non-alcoholic bubbly before officially saying good-bye to 2010.

Not sure what 2011 has in store for us. But I resolve to make the most of it!

Happy New Year to you and yours.

XOXO
Courtney

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com