Monday, July 20, 2009

Tutu Cute

Having spent many hours of my childhood in one ballet class or another, I couldn't wait to enroll Lily in a ballet class of her own. Which I did at the ripe old age of two. Remember? And perhaps you'll remember when it ended up as a big fat flop. Lily didn't like it. Not one little bit.

So imagine my surprise when she ASKED to enroll in a dance class this summer. I pushed her a little -- don't you want art? or swimming? or soccer?? No, she wanted dance. I quickly shut my mouth and obliged.

Lily, who is definitely our artistic and intellectual child (Anna's the athletic brute), isn't the most coordinated of kids. And flexibility is FAR from her middle name. But she's actually really good at ballet. And I'm not just saying that because I'm her mother! Hey, Noah will support me on this one!! (as if...)

The good news is that we made it through the entire session without many complaints. There were definitely some but far fewer that last time around. Perhaps it's because she's older. Perhaps it's because we switched dance schools. Perhaps it's because there was no recital on the line this time around. Who knows. But we made it to the end and enjoyed a mini performance by the "Little Fairies" during their last class.

Of course yours truly -- the blogging mama -- forgot to bring a camera. Again, blackberry phone to the rescue. Only it didn't love the low lights of the dance studio quite as much as the sunshine of my driveway. So you sort of have to squint and tilt your head to the side to really see them. Take my word though, it was pretty darn cute!


Lily and her partner.

Getting a little extra help from Ms. Svetlana.

(third from the right)

(third from the left -- check out that wonderfully straight leg extension!)

(third from the left and, as always, by her teacher's side)

(dressed up as Ariel from Little Mermaid for the finale!)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com