Friday, October 30, 2009

Boo Boo Chicken

If you don't have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fans around, you won't understand the reference. But if your kids are anything like mine, Mickey and pals are a regular feature on the boob tube. I've got to admit that I haven't seen the "boo boo chicken" episode, but it's a phrase that Lily started uttering almost as soon as she could talk.

Amazingly as we were packing up the house pre-move, I found Lily's first Halloween costume. The dress was from Paris, a gift from our aunt extraordinaire, Lois Anne. And while it worked perfectly for Halloween, it's actually just a great dress. Period!

Since Anna's a tad bit smaller than Lily, I was hopeful that the dress would still fit; Lily was just shy of a year at Halloween and Anna's just north of 18 months. And, bingo, it fit perfectly! Of course, after making this discovery I promptly lost the dress amid boxes. I have NO idea which box. I fear that I may not even find it in time for next year's Halloween. So two nights ago I broke down an ordered a costume for Anna. Overnight shipping was more expensive than the actual get-up....serves me right for losing that darn dress during the move!

In the end, it all worked out. The new costume arrived in time for Anna's school's Halloween party tonight. Boo boo chicken saved the day!




(Crazy cute costumed babies to boot... Anna's goth look was the work of a cookie...given to her by her, ahem, father.)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com