Friday, October 30, 2009

Boo...um...Achoo!

Although Halloween is quickly approaching, the scariest thing in our house of late has been H1N1. Anna is most likely the culprit, although in the land of germs it's always a guess. One thing is for sure, Lily bore the brunt of it. High fever. Vomiting. Coughing...coughing...and more coughing. The nose. The works. I'm knocking on wood -- ANY wood that I can find -- that Noah and I don't fall prey. It's a nasty flu, and neither one of us has the "luxury" of getting hit. Perhaps if I held my breath, that might help too. The increasingly sore throat I have, though, is causing my optimism to dim. Boo hoo.

Lily's return to school happened to coincide with the annual Halloween parade. As much fun as it was... And as cute as all the kiddies were... I was amazed by the number of children absent. They're probably all sitting in the waiting room at our pediatrician's office. Our beloved doctors have been beyond inundated by sick children and worried parents.

Lily was torn this year but finally decided to be "Mulan." I talked in her to a pretty legit kimono as a costume...while I love Disney movies, I'm not a big fan of their costumes.





Normally a class of 20...H1N1 GO AWAY!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com