Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!

Although, sadly for me, it's not a joke. After having a pre-term baby the first time around...and after all the complications with this pregnancy (all of which were indications that I'd likely have another pre-term baby)...it now appears that I might actually have to go to ALMOST 40 WEEKS (gasp!) before "Goldie" makes her debut.

I mean, talk about cruel and unusual punishment! In fact, while I got a super nice surprise with Lily's early arrival, every day since I hit the 36 week mark this time around has felt like torture.

Poor Noah keeps telling me that he predicts it'll happen "at any time" and "definitely this week." In husband-speak, I think that boils down to "I'll say anything that I think she wants to hear just so that she doesn't jump off the roof and leave me with TWO kids to take care of!"

No change since last week's appointment. And while I still hold out hope that I'll go in to labor on my own before then, I'm now officially scheduled to be induced on April 14th. So, yes, if you're doing the math and looking at an astrological calendar, that does mean yet another Aries in our house (poor Lily!). Which just increases the tally of Aries-folks in my immediate circle to....well....too many to count. And "Goldie" is already exhibiting a tell-tale Aries trait -- stubbornness.

Since pity loves company, I just jumped on to one of my favorite blogs -- amalah.com. She's 11 weeks pregnant right now with #2 and misery is her middle name (morning/noon/night sickness). I figured that I'd feel better about my 2 remaining weeks of pregnancy if I could read about her latest pregnancy dealings. What a treat I discovered. Having recently gotten over a terrible case of bronchitis, I can relate (sadly) to this story. For those of you reading this who also happen to be pregnant, please don't laugh too hard!

http://www.amalah.com/amalah/2008/03/a-story-that-i.html

I do have a (scary) 37 week belly shot to share....and I promise to upload the picture and post it while I'm actually still pregnant.

As for "Life with Lily," she's not exactly camera-friendly these days, so you might have to wait for hospital pics of the big sister (who repeatedly asks if becoming a big sister will mean that she can drink Diet Coke and lattes...oy veh!) with her new little bundle.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com