Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She's Here!!

After complaining for the last 2 1/2 weeks of the pregnancy that I was "SO DONE," when my water actually broke last Wednesday night I suddenly felt so NOT ready! 7 hours and 1 push later, though, ready or not Miss Anna Lake Israel made her grand debut.


To proactively answer the name question -- Anna has no major significance (it's a name that Noah and I just like) and Lake is a family name on my mother's side (my great grandfather, grandfather, uncle and cousin are all Lake; my mom's first cousin, Mary Lake, is the only other female with the name...that I know of....and if Anna turns out to be half as amazing as Mary Lake then I'll be one proud mama).

Vital stats -- 6 pounds 15 ounces; 20 inches; born 4/10/08 at 7:15 a.m. (due to the 7 a.m. shift change, Noah and I almost had her by ourselves!).

Thanks to a few good night's sleep and a few days of school under her belt (read -- normal routine), Lily is starting to settle down. She absolutely ADORES her little sister...sometimes just a bit too much. ;-)

I promise lots of photos soon. First I've got to dump them off the camera (I've started sounding like Scarlet O'Hara from Gone With the Wind -- "tomorrow is another day"). I'll get to it sooner, hopefully, rather than later.





(click on the title of this post, "She's Here!," for some additional photos)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com