Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Nettie!

Today my mother turned another year older. To be kind, I won't reveal her age. She's young at heart, and that's what matters. And since I was recently told that 80 is the new 70, well, then, my mother is practically a teenager.

Yesterday, we girls went out for a birthday brunch to celebrate; three generations of "ladies" in the family.

Tonight my mother had a little celebration, complete with belly dancer. Yes, my mama has flair. As Lily says, "me and Nettie are party girls!" So you can imagine her extreme disappointment when she realized she wasn't invited.

Lily decorated a card to my mom, with a drawing of her (my mother) as a princess, declaring that my mother was going to freak out when she saw it. She wrote out "To Nettie, Love Lily" by herself. I almost freaked out when I saw that. When did my baby grow up??

Since Anna's best gift is her smile and fabulous belly laugh, I leave you with her. Mom -- this one's for you. A big birthday hug and kiss from us all!




Note: watching this video may require Dramamine. Some viewers have been known to get sea sick from this segment in particular...it's a bit "rocky."

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com