Monday, January 5, 2009

Here She Comes!

Today was a big day. For the first time in 3 years and 10 months, I drove to work today by myself. No little person in the car with me. No one cooing from their carseat. No one complaining about this schoolmate or that one. But, also, no one to talk to. No one to sing to me. I was totally on my own because, for the first time, both of the kids are now in "school" close to home. No more going downtown for them.

Because I was in the car by myself, I was no longer able to hop on to Rte 66 (HOV restrictions don't lift until 9 a.m., and that is one $500 ticket I don't think I'd be able to argue my way out of!). By changing Anna's daycare, my commute and garage also changed. And this is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of change...

I think that half of the expected 4,000,000 people have arrived early for Obama's inauguration. Perhaps they heard that he moved to town over the weekend so that his kids could start school today. I don't know what it was, but traffic was a NIGHTMARE. Oh how badly I wanted to hop on to that lovely (and usually traffic free) HOV highway!



By all reports, though, Anna had a fabulous first full day at her new daycare. She had two nice, long naps. She ate well and she officially started crawling. For real this time! Not scooting on her tush. Not wiggling on her belly. She's now up on her hands and knees and moving faster than I would like. And proud. Boy is she proud of herself!



Seeing her smiles and listing to her squeals more than made up for my awful commute this morning. Now if only tomorrow could be a little bit better...

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com