Monday, September 28, 2009

A Tale of Two Toads

This weekend, against my better judgement, our family grew by two.

No, I'm not expecting twins. THANK GOD!

Somehow, though, Lily convinced me to buy her two frogs. When we were out shopping for rain boots. Not sure how the two are at all connected. Or how I got hoodwinked. But we are now the proud owners of "Mulan" and "Clementine" aka "Clemmy."*

PS -- I'm sure Lily would take offense if I didn't disclose that this isn't a photo of OUR frogs (too hard to photograph) and that her aquarium has rainbow colored stones on the bottom.

My heart did break for these two little guys, who were sitting by the register at the toy store. In fact, I sort of can't look at them because I get a little knot in my stomach. Just doesn't seem fair that they live in such a tiny space without any rocks to snooze upon. But the toy store owner assured me that, like Beta fish, these frogs don't need any more space...or rocks for that matter. Just feed them twice a week. Clean the water four times a year. And, in theory, Mulan and Clemmy should thrive.

Here's hoping that our "tale" is a long one. I don't exactly have the best track record, though, when it comes to keeping swimming things alive. Shhhh..... Don't tell Lily.

PS -- if you're dying to join us as frog owners, you too can. Wild Creations or Doodlehoppers in Falls Church, VA will, I'm sure, be more than happy to help you!


*All names bestowed by a four year old are subject to change. Again. And again. And again.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com