Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Generations


Few people have NOT heard the story about how I met Lisa J., but I still think it's a remarkable one. Given the size of this city...and the proximity of Sibley Hospital to their Capitol Hill homes (not exactly next door)...that my mom would end up with a roommate who also happened to deliver a little girl (I'm a day and a half older, although I've got to give Lisa the "wiser" designation) and who happened to live a few blocks away (they didn't know each other beforehand) was just plain good luck.

The amazing part is that 33 years later not only are we friends but we both have little girls AND the girls happen to be in school together.

Lisa kept the tradition alive and delivered Lauren at Sibley Hospital 18 months ago. I'm the traitor having delivered at both George Washington University Hospital (Lily) and Virginia Hospital Center (Anna).

It was great fun to introduce Anna to Lisa and "Baby Lauren."

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com