Thursday, March 19, 2009

Generation ABC

Six years and one month (give or take) after Noah and I got married, it strikes me just how much our lives have changed.

And there's no better way to measure that change than in growth. Population growth that is. ALL of our bridesmaids -- with the exception of Noah's sister Sara and my cousin Anna, neither of whom is old enough to be in this category -- now have children. Flowergirls Miranda, Lydia and Laiken are, of course, not even allowed to talk to boys. At least in my book. Still. 6 years later.

Lily is the matriarch of the group. Baby #1.

Two months later, Lily met her husband-to-be when Meridith gave birth to Jackson on New Year's Eve. While our due dates were only 3 weeks apart, Lily arrived early and Jack came late. Baby #2.

Six months later, she was joined by Justin. My apologies, Jenn, that the most recent photo I have of him is, well, at least 6 months old. Baby #3.

Then came Katie, 13 months after Lily. And although she's a year younger, she's following in Lily's footsteps -- BIG personality. Baby #4.

And Ellen claimed the fourth spot as well, when Andrew was born last January; he beat Anna by exactly 10 weeks. Baby #5.

Of course, my life became a blur just as Ellen's started settling in to some sort of a routine. Anna was born last April. Baby #6.

Although last, the dynamic duo certainly aren't least. Not to be outdone, Jamie recently added to the gang when her twins -- Abby and Beth -- were born in December. Baby #7 and Baby #8.



Although I could calculate how much this group -- four of my closest friends in the world -- spent on bridesmaid dresses, showers and bachelorette drinks...my head might pop if I tried to calculate how much we've spent on diapers, formula and preschools since then. But look at these eight incredible little people. As Mastercard would say, PRICELESS!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com