Monday, November 1, 2010

A Super (Hero) Halloween

It all started last Halloween, when Lily, dressed as Mulan, showed up at her school's Halloween parade (ps...more 2009 Halloween posts can be found HERE and HERE...lordy how they've grown over the last year!!).

And saw her friend Elizabeth dressed as Batgirl.

And made up her mind, on the spot, that she would don the bat cape and pleather pants for Halloween 2010.



Anna and her "peeps" from preschool!

As 5/6 year olds are some of the most fickle humans on earth, I fully anticipated a 180. SHOCKINGLY Lily stuck with the plan. When it came time to order costumes this year (yes, my children wear store-bought costumes...please don't judge!), she implored me to buy her Batgirl. And, oh, wouldn't it be fun if we were ALL superheros!

Um, yeah...

Nottingham Pooh Bear Halloween fiesta!

So those of you who know me well might know that while I ADORE dressing my kids up for the spook-fest each year, personally I hate Halloween. Not sure why...but I dislike the holiday. So while Noah immediately got on board, deciding to dress as Batgirl's sidekick, Robin, it took some major convincing to get me to join in on the fun.

Which I eventually did.

Sort of.

I ended up wearing a wonder woman shirt...which, secretly, I do love (reminiscent of the wonder woman underoos that I wore holes in as a child!).

Anna was super girl AKA "super princess" AKA "super dinosaur princess" (to appease a child who came home from school, the Friday before Halloween, insisting she was going to dress up as a dinosaur...nearly gave me a heart attack).


Nottingham Halloween parade...kindergarten lead hundreds from the school community!


After Halloween parties in both the girls' schools (for which I took the day off and volunteered -- we working parents grab every opportunity we can get)... And a Halloween parade in which Lily's entire elementary school paraded around their neighborhood behind a local middle school marching band... For the second year in a row, we tagged along with our cousins for a great night of trick or treating. This year I had a glass of wine in my hand as we went door to door...just what this wonder woman needed!





0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com