Friday, July 25, 2008

Me First?!?

Fads, fashions and trends come and go and I usually only notice them when they hit mainstream culture. For the second time. I know, "hip" is just not my middle name. Detail oriented, yes.  Thorough, yes. Trendy?  Sadly not.


But for once in my life I seem to be ahead of the curve.  Or at least not behind it.

A few weeks ago I launched a new feature on the blog called Twitter.  When I'm out and about and the mood strikes me (usually when Lily and I are stuck in traffic), I can pull out my cell phone and text "tweets" to the blog.  Short little snip-its that are not really blog entry worthy but are oh so wonderful that I don't want to forget them.  And since I've got a permanent "mommy brain" (which I pray starts to clear when I return to work at the end of next week), if I don't write things down immediately they're as good as gone.  Voila...Twitter!

I love it and hope that you do too.  Amazingly enough, I now have people I don't know following this blog, thanks, I guess, to my tweets.**

Anyway, one of my FAVORITE mommy bloggers, Amalah, is a local mama who actually gets paid to blog.  As in, it's her job.  She's a professional mommy blogger.  And based on the ads that run in her column titled "Project Sellout," I'm guessing that she's getting paid real money to write about her life.  She's cool.  She's funny.  And, yes, I'd definitely call her hip.  AND I BEAT HER TO TWITTER!  Hooray for me.  For once!

To celebrate this victory, I'm now going to go drink a mojito.  Because I hear it's a hip drink.  For the second time! ;-)

**I say "amazingly enough" although I shouldn't. Even though the blog was originally intended to cut down on mass emails to friends/family with updates about Lily and Anna, it's not like the internet is my own private chat room. While, at first, I wasn't sure how I felt about strangers reading about my life, I...uh...do the exact same thing to them. I can tell you all about random kids all over this country!  

It still amazes me, though, that people I don't know find our lives and my posts interesting enough to take time out of their days to read me.  Thanks to all -- friends old and new -- for putting up with my random ramblings, thoughts and sentimental breakdowns that have become this living and growing "baby book" for my girls!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com