Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome Caroline!

My apologies for the radio silence this past week, but I've (1) been feeling sorry for myself about my maternity leave ending (2) have been running around like a crazy person trying to get everything done before my leave ends and (3) have been trying to live more of life's experiences with the kids rather than photograph them/blog about them.


That and a mean case of the 24 hour stomach flu that knocked me out on Sunday.  Nothing like a day spent communing with my toilet to help with post-partum weight loss!

In the midst of my misery on Sunday, though, I got a call from my mother with the WORLD'S MOST WONDERFUL NEWS.  We were supposed to have dinner at her house that night with our cousins -- Susana, Chad and Camilla -- but she had gotten a call earlier in the day to tell her that they were in Texas with their new baby girl!

Not only could I not be more thrilled that their long quest to expand their family is now complete, but I'm on cloud nine that Anna will have a cousin who is only 3 months younger. Caroline Gregory was born on July 19th weighing 5 pounds 3 ounces.  Adoption papers were, amazingly, signed on July 21st, Camilla's fifth birthday.  This really was meant to be!


While I can't wait to get my hands on Baby Caroline, I'll have to wait until their return to town some time next week.  I promise more photos of all the girls soon, including the newest member of the family!

In the meantime, congrats to Susana, Chad and one of the proudest new big sisters around!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com