Friday, July 11, 2008

One Fish, Two Fish


If I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes, I definitely wouldn't believe it.  After only three lessons, Lily is SWIMMING.  Under the water.  With no flotation devices in sight.  I'm still smiling!

Her incredible teacher, Nancy, has an approach to toddler swim lessons that she calls "drowning prevention."  In light of all the recent media coverage of not only regular drowning but dry drowning (as if we didn't have to worry enough, now we have to worry about drowning AFTER they get out of the pool?!?), I'm all for a little drowning prevention!  

Nancy is also incredibly kind; a supreme teacher.  A few minutes before this clip was taken, Lily was in an all-out-her-life-is-totally-ruined-how-could-I-have-dared-bring-her-to-the-pool-nuclear-meltdown.  Bravo to Nancy for allowing her to work through the tantrum and get in to the pool on her own terms.  I SO don't have that much patience.

Given how far Lily and her buddy Jackson have come in a mere three lessons, I can't wait to see what they're doing in the pool in another few weeks!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com