Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sleeping Like a Baby

I've been afraid to say anything out loud before now lest I jinx myself. But it's official. I have a baby who sleeps through the night. For real. Not even a fake "real night's sleep" (according to some people, anything over 5 hours in a baby this young is considered "through the night"). For the last two weeks Anna has been sleeping for 10-12 hours a night. I feel like singing. And dancing. But I'll refrain from both for fear that I'll wake her.

Lily slept for 8-9 hours a night starting at 7 weeks. By two months she was doing the 10-12 hour thing. And even though Anna's been doing well, she couldn't quite make it past 5/5:30 without a quick snack. I don't know about you, but I am just not programmed to be up at that hour. Jamie, HOW HAVE YOU GOTTEN UP FOR WORK AT THAT TIME FOR THE LAST DECADE??? It's a horrible, despicable, rotten time of day that no one should have to experience!

Suddenly though, for no apparent reason, Anna started sleeping. What a tremendous sleeper she's become! And as awesome as it is that she sleeps all night long, she couldn't be more adorable when she wakes up. She's happy. And I never tire of watching that first morning stretch when she's released from within the confines of her blessed Miracle Blanket (like the name implies, it does bring about miracles!).

Of course, the awful irony is that now that she's sleeping so well, I've never been more exhausted. I guess now that I've had a taste of sleep, I realize how starved for it I really was. But I'll take my new found exhaustion and not complain. Because I know that I have several friends with babies who either aren't sleeping now or older children who didn't sleep for forever...and those friends are now sticking pins in to voodoo dolls with my name on it!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com