Friday, August 1, 2008

I survived

Well, I did it.  


First, I survived this week, which started off with traffic tickets totalling $630 (no, that's not a typo), given by a power-hungry/it's people like her who give DC a bad reputation police officer.  The largest of the tickets -- $500 -- was for not having insurance.  OF COURSE I have insurance, but I just didn't have my card in the car.  The penalty for that -- $30.  Ok, I'll pay the fine for not producing the proof, but I'll never ever pay for non-insurance.  And now I'm on a rampage to try to get this officer fired.  She so totally deserves to be!

I also survived my first day back at work. I stopped crying by 10:30 and only had to peak at the photos on the blog twice today (of course, my desk has become a shrine to the girls -- I probably have 15 framed pictures on my credenza).  I actually managed to bill 5.5 hours of client work today.  And that was after I re-introduced myself to my work laptop.  It had forgotten who I was.  Literally.  My IT guys had to come, blow off the layer of dust, and reset it for me.

Lily, bless her heart, didn't throw a fit at drop off, although I know she was dying to.  Anna, my super baby, smiled her way through the day and was a total delight; the Blueberry room teachers are totally smitten already.

Thank you to everyone who called or emailed me yesterday and today.  I really, really appreciate all the well wishes and votes of confidence.  The sympathy is totally wonderful too. I promise to return the emails and phone calls in the next few days.  For now, though, this tired working mama is going to bed.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com