Sunday, November 23, 2008

Girlfriends

On of Lily's best, best friends recently transferred from the Huck to Children's House Montessori. She, like Lily, has a November birthday and will be almost six when she starts kindergarten. Her family recently moved to Arlington, her older sister is in elementary school near CHMS, and her mother (a former Montessori student herself) was thrilled that this option was available so close to home. While they originally applied for admission next fall, a classmate of Lily's recently moved to NJ and KATY GOT HER SPOT!

These girls couldn't be cuter together. It's ridiculous. Katy and Lily have been in school together since they were four months old. And it shows. They learned to crawl together. To walk together. To eat together. And they learned to get in to trouble together. Yes, these girls can be trouble. It was with Katy that Lily decided to ditch her teachers, and her class, and take a tour of DuPont Circle near Downtown DC. When they were two. Luckily they didn't get but a few feet past the gate to the park. But those few feet cost me a few years off my lifespan I'm sure.

Since Noah was still in Boston and I needed a diversion, we joined Katy's family at a local Mexican cantina for dinner Friday night. It was there that Katy's older sister, Sophia, presented Lily with a card that she'd made.

I mean...I wanted to kiss her myself. And frame it.


Lily, who is in the tulip room at CHMS, and Katy, a CHMS sunflower, have the appropriate "headdresses" in the drawing. A detail that it took me a second to notice.


"FRUM" -- I nearly died when I saw this. I LLOOOVVVEEE the phonetic spelling. As a graduate of a Seven Sister women's college, I also love the fact that my four year old daughter already has such a close "sister."

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com