Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So f-ing tired

I can't believe that it's been almost a week since my last posting. For those of you who wonder how I do it all -- work full time, parent two delicious but demanding children full time, and blog -- this just proves that I'm far from being a super mommy blogger. If I were I would have managed to survive the insanity of our lives AND pontificate about them online. But I'm not. In fact, I barely lived to tell the tale.

To recap, in the past week we...

...started a diet (me) and while I've started to see results (3 pounds!) my mood has become more annoying, though, with each lost pound. Perhaps you can't buy happiness, but I think that ice cream and bagels can get you pretty darn close to it!

...went to NJ to visit my bedrest-ridden friend, Jamie, who is close to delivering her twin girls AND managed to sneak in a visit to our favorite former neighbors who now live 20 minutes from Jamie.

...made TWO trips to the pediatrician. One for a sick visit where I discovered that Lily's 6 week old bronchitis had turned in to a raging ear infection. One for a "well" visit where I discovered that Anna was, apparently, recovering from croup and too sick to get her flu booster and polio shot...and that Lily was fully in the 75th percentile for both height and weight amongst four year old girls. Oh, right, and her hearing is great (check!) and vision is perfect (check, check!!).

...delivered one MAJOR client presentation (me), which was well received. I was able to create, memorize and deliver my slides without embarrassing myself or the firm. I might have even gotten a small smile from my boss after I concluded.

...nearly did an all-nighter, my first one in a LONG time, preparing for said presentation and other client work due the same day.

...decorated (Lily) and wrote out (me) some 18 thank you notes for birthday presents. Amazingly we're not done yet. I'm hoping that like with the year-long grace period you get for wedding presents, the same is true for four year old birthday thank you notes.

...packed up (Noah) and left for the Green Building Council's convention in Boston. Noah will be gone for the next three days and, god willing, the girls and I will survive on our own until his return.

...managed to work out Lily's social calendar, which I'm convinced is far more complicated than even President-Elect Obama's. Today's great challenge was figuring out how we can make it to 5 birthday parties (she was invited to 6 but sadly we had to turn down the last one because it directly conflicts with the time of the ballet) , 1 Nutcracker Ballet, 1 pilates class, 1 dinner outing....and a partridge in a pear tree....during the first weekend in December. And, oh right, Noah will be out of town that weekend.

...survived a fire drill drama at one daycare center than shall remain nameless. I can't get in to the details as I'm still too fired up. No kids were harmed, thankfully, but in the haste to get them outside all coats were left inside (thankfully my roving sources around the city spotted this and alert me). Which wouldn't be a problem if we lived in Miami, but it snowed today in DC. Well it flurried today (is that a word?), but I'm feeling pissed off and dramatic so I'll stretch that one to "snowed." But I finally stopped spitting fire about 15 minutes ago. The situation has been addressed and is being rectified. I've got to let this one go!

So my apologies for not posting an entry over the past week, but my energy and creative juices are gone. They officially left the building, and in their wake I discovered a whole clump of new gray hairs. I do promise, though, to crack open the new case of Diet Cokes I just discovered in the mud room and opine for you all in the coming days. I've missed you!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com