Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween, Take Four

Hard to believe that we've lived through four Halloweens, four birthdays, and probably about 400 pounds of candy between them all.

Today is Lily's actual birthday. Her fourth. I can't believe it. In fact, it sort of hurts my brain to think about it. For those of you who are married.... do you remember when you switched from saying "my boyfriend" to "my fiance"? Remember how weird it seemed at first? THAT is exactly how I feel today. I've been saying "my almost four year old" for months, but to actually have a four year old seems mind-boggling. How in the world have four years passed? How can I be old enough to have a child this old? I'm sure my parents scratch their heads and say that almost daily. Good lord. That probably means I'm turning in to them.

Today I should be writing a sentimental entry addressed to my beloved birthday girl. But I'm too darn exhausted from the non-stop partying we've been doing for the last 72 hours. And the two glasses of wine I had with dinner tonight. So for that one you're going to have to wait a day or so.

In the meantime, I give you the "Hallweenies"....my awards for the best of the best!

The cutest Mermaid



The cutest Skunk



The cutest Huckleberry classmate



With a group award going out to the whole "cast"



The cutest Montessori classmate (OMG -- hello officer!)



The worst spot for a class photo (full morning sun -- eye burn!)



The best pre-trick or treating meltdown



The most candy



The GROSSEST candy I've ever seen. Ever!

 
design by suckmylolly.com