Sunday, November 30, 2008

There's Only One Gear


And that gear is reverse. Lily, at around the same age, started crawling backwards. But she started off slowly. Anna, on the other hand, hit the ground "running." Backwards that is.

I needed to put new sheets on her bed tonight before putting her to sleep, so I put her down on the ground and turned my back for a second. One minute and she was sitting next to my feet. The next minute she was in Lily's room. And back again. Soon she'd gotten herself stuck underneath her swing. I couldn't believe my eyes. It did help that she was in her PJs and our floors are hard wood -- it was a nice slick surface.

Boy can she move!


And, apparently, move from sitting to tummy. She almost made it from tummy back to sitting.

So just for good measure, her crib was lowered to the middle height before I put the newly sheeted mattress back on the bed.

I'm not sure that I'm ready for her to be hitting these milestones so quickly in a row. Then again, no one asked me. One thing is for certain, it's the girls under four feet tall who rule the roost in our house!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com