Friday, September 12, 2008

Real Men Change Diapers

Last weekend was a busy one. Hurricane Hanna drenched our area in ridiculous amounts of rain. Truman was groomed (and even though he goes every 8 weeks...and has for the 6 1/2 years I've had him...he still shakes like a leaf and heaps tons of guilt on me for leaving him there). We hosted some 60 people -- including more than 20 tykes -- at Lily's farewell party. And I took the first step towards reclaiming my body from the ugly wrath of pregnancy...I started pilates.


My cousin Susana swore to me that the class starts off easy and only gradually becomes more difficult. She promised me that I'd be able to do it, even when I told her that I was scared...very, very scared.

Well I survived the rain, the party and even the pilates. I made it through the hour class in one piece. And it only hurt to breathe for 3 days. OK, maybe 4.

While Susana and I were out contorting our bodies and doing the hundreds, Noah and Chad took all four girls to the Original Pancake House for breakfast. Apparently not even a hurricane can keep them away from those flapjacks.


Susana arrived home afterwards to find the boys and the babes "kicking it" on the couch. The bigger girls were probably off getting in to something they shouldn't have been in to. Note to all -- real men change diapers AND feed babies!

As for me, after barely surviving last week's "introductory" pilates class, I'm very, very, VERY scared for tomorrow's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good for you! i hope to get back to pilates next week. we can bitch about the pain together!

Mariah said...

what a cute pic of the two men & babies! I've always wanted to do pilates...they don't have it at my gym though. :(
someday! :) Hope your next class was better than the first! :D

 
design by suckmylolly.com