Monday, September 8, 2008

Blah Blah Black Sheep

Operation "Montessori Transition" has been deemed a great success, at least until the novelty wears off. Thank goodness! I definitely think that I was more nervous than anyone else; I had knots in my stomach all day long. I tried to get her to talk about the day at our Baskin & Robbins dessert stop, but after being followed by the camera at dinner Lily had had enough of my antics. (my apologies, but you'll have to turn up your speakers to hear above the ice cream shop chatter)



Since she won't give you the scoop herself, here are the stats from the day --

Day's rating: Great!!

Teachers: Ms. Jane and Ms. Hannah

New BFFs: Carley and Elisabeth

New "Not Sure I'm Going to Like Her" person: Olympia

Favorite part of the day: SNACK! (overwhelmingly)

As a post-first-day treat, Lily got to pick where we ate dinner. She chose Joe's Pizza & Pasta, an interesting (to say the least) neighborhood spot. Since we arrived a few minutes after 6, we caught the tail end of the blue-haired crowd (Did I forget to mention that Monday nights happen to be all you can eat buffet nights? What a bizarre scene...part elderly crowd...part college crowd...and part family night...weird!).

Lily was in her element and, between bites, sang us the new song she learned today. Still can't believe that between us and the Huck she hadn't learned it before. Perhaps we need to spend a few extra minutes re-learning the words.



Then again, I sort of think her version is better. "Blah, blah black sheep have you any more..."

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com