Sunday, September 7, 2008

So Long, Farewell




Huckleberry Cheesecake friends -- highlights

Friday, August 29, 2008 was Lily's last day at Huckleberry Cheesecake. While I still think that we're moving her to a preschool for all the right reasons, it was hard to see her walk through the school, one last time, hugging and kissing friends and teachers good-bye.

I'll never forget going over to tour the Huck when I was 9 weeks pregnant, still very much hiding my pregnancy from the entire world, yet due to ridiculously long waiting lists at any center worthy of our tiny bambino forced to shell out "registration fees" and apply to several places downtown. I actually made calls to these centers from conference room phones at work, nervous that if my calls were ever monitored someone would put things together and figure out that I was pregnant (they already knew that I was a paranoid and neurotic loon!).

We've had some incredible moments along the way; tons of "firsts" that we got to share with Lily's amazingly loving caregivers and teachers since she started there March 1, 2005. All three of us -- Lily, Noah and me -- have made some tremendous friends from within the Huckleberry community.

To give our Huck "peeps" a proper farewell, we hosted a party for Lily and her entire class at Jonah's Treehouse yesterday. I had originally considered doing pony rides in the park across from our house. Not wanting to worry about the weather, we moved it to an indoor play spot. THANK GOODNESS. Just as our party was heating up, so were the winds and rain from Hurricane Hanna. We stayed nice and drying inside, though, and it was the perfect way for Lily to say good-bye. We're enjoying yesterday's memories today, and getting her ready for her first day at Children's House Montessori, tomorrow.



Lily's farewell party


Wish us luck! I'm sure that Lily will be fine. Me...well, I'm not so sure about me.


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com