Thursday, September 25, 2008

In the Fast Lane

I remember the day when I realized that I was bigger than my own mother. We were standing next to one another, brushing our teeth in her bathroom, and when I looked at our reflection in the mirror I realized that I was half a head taller. I was in the 6th grade.

Metaphorically speaking, I think that Lily just outgrew me. And she's 3 (right, right....almost 4).

Yesterday morning she inexplicably woke up with an attitude. A sassy one. If I said stand up, she'd automatically fall to the floor. If I suggested pants, she insisted on a dress. You get the picture.

Exasperated, the following ensued...

Me: "Lily, if people don't start listening to their parents, I am going to LOSE MY MIND!"

Lily, "Mommy, I'm pretty sure you already lost your mind."

If this is us at 3 and 33, I can't begin to imagine what's in store for me when she becomes a teenager. Lord help me!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com