Friday, October 3, 2008

DNA

Lily, 3 months old (give or take)

After 4 years of long Indian Summers, Fall seems to have suddenly sprung in DC earlier than it has in years past. Not that I'm complaining; I couldn't love this weather more. Crisp, clean air gives me a little jolt of extra energy, which is just what I needed. Way better than a venti skinny hazelnut latte from Starbucks, this jolt is calorie free!


That being said, I had prepared clothing-wise for yet another Indian Summer. Since I had to scramble and find warm-weather clothes that would fit Lily well in to her first Fall (her drawers were stocked with sweaters and tights), I made sure to buy plenty of 9 month outfits for Anna that would show off all her juicy skin...and not make her sweat.

Anna, like a deer caught in the headlights

Just goes to show that we can't outsmart Mother Nature, because I now have a ton of short-sleeve dresses and onesies that she can't wear, and I had to dig through bins of Lily's old clothes in an attempt to find things to cover up my freezing baby.

Of course, this recycling of clothes is giving me a major case of deja vu. Although it's a bit unfair to compare these shots because of the age differential (Lily was about 3 months, give or take, and Anna is 5 months old), I'm still stunned by how different my two kids look. DNA sure is a funny thing...something else that you can never predict or try to outsmart!

Anna, happy as always to follow in her big sister's footsteps

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com