Friday, October 17, 2008

Average Joe

Ok, ok...I'm sure you're starting to get sick of my political interjections. This is a family/mommy blog after all. But with the stakes as high as they are, for not only our immediate future but our long-term one as well (hello, Supreme Court!), I can't leave it alone. My girls' future is staring me in the face.

The fact that I was raised on Capitol Hill, still live in the Metro area, and work within spitting distance of the White House doesn't help.

Nor does my daughter. Lily asks incessant questions about Obama, George Bush and Sarah Palin. She, like many around the country, seems too focused on the #2 GOP draft pick and not focused enough on the guy who is actually running for office.

So let me leave you with this image.



And you wonder why our image overseas is at an all-time low... Personally, I wonder why any other civilized country would take us seriously at all. John McCain is, without a doubt, a war hero. But, presidential?!? I think not!

And just like with Lily's whiny voice, I think I'm going to scream if I have to hear, one more time, about Joe the plumber. You want Joe? I give you Lily... An encore performance.


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com