Sunday, June 8, 2008

Heat Wave

The temperature gauge in my car, which was sitting in the SHADE!

It is hot here. Hotter than hot. Who knew it could get this hot. Although we didn't try it (come to think, it would have been a cool activity for Lily), I'm certain we could have cooked an egg on the driveway. Between the heat outside -- which is draining me from the outside in -- and Anna's apparent growth spurt -- which is literally draining me from the inside out -- I'm just exhausted.

As tormented as I was about it, we decided at the 11th hour not to participate in this year's Race for the Cure yesterday. Fleishman had a team organized to celebrate an amazing colleague's battle with cancer. I emailed a co-worker to let him know we wouldn't be showing up. The email I got back, after the race, read "Did the race. It was Africa hot. An ordeal." In retrospect, I think we made the right decision.

Name of the game this weekend was trying to stay cool. We took lots of baths. Inflated the pool in the front yard and played with the neighborhood kiddos. We went to my mom's this morning for a swim (went from heat stroke to freezing -- YIKES! her pool is cold). We took nice naps. And I ate more of my fair share of gelato and sorbetto. ;-) I told myself that the calories didn't count because of Anna's uptick in nursing of late. And certainly calories can't count when the thermostat tops 100. Please don't burst my bubble.

Forecast for tomorrow is more of the same....


(Princess and the pea...)

PS -- for those who don't believe in global warming, wake up and walk outside!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com