Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Totally Screwed

Hello my name is Courtney, and I'm an addict. A supreme addict. Oh heck....I'm doomed.

A few days from now, Sunday to be exact, marks the first anniversary of my blog. Originally started to streamline the distribution of Lily's weekly school newsletters, this online medium has evolved over the past year in to something that I love. Something that I'm actually staying up at night to post to rather than going to bed (stupid, stupid considering I still have a newborn). It's something that you, my friends and family, have told me that you look forward to reading....and has contributed more than a few laughs. The Fox Israel family blog has also inspired several friends to, in recent weeks, create their own family blogs (rock on Amy and Ellen!!).

So, not only have I been trying to mentally draft my memorial posting on Sunday, but I've also been trying to figure out how I can continue to evolve the blog in its second year. Last June I started with baby steps....but now my baby is ready to graduate from the tot lot to the big kid playground.

Enter, stage right (or the right column of your screen), the TWITTER. Heard about this relatively new phenomenon? Following someone's "twits," "tweets," or senseless real-time ramblings?

If you haven't heard about twitter, please look it up on Wikipedia. I'm too technologically ignorant to actually explain it and make sense. But there's lots (and LOTS) that happen in our "lives with Lily and Anna," and not all of it is necessarily worthy of an entire blog posting...but it's completely relevant to our lives. Quite frankly, it's the little one-liners, quiet loving moments, looks out of the corner of their eyes, smiles and hugs that make our lives so rich. But even that wonderful richness isn't always blog material. I want to tell you stories, but I don't want to bore you with bizzaro and random details. And I want to catch things as they happen/before I forget, which isn't always (in fact, rarely is) when I'm near the computer and can jot down an entry.

I will now both praise and curse the creator of Twitter...someone nameless out there in the Internet who is allowing me to open the door just a bit wider as you follow our lives....and someone who now just turned my enthusiasm for blogging in to a full blown obsession.

Ladies and gentlemen, I can now blog from my phone. I can TEXT MESSAGE -- from the car, the grocery store, a public restroom -- "Tiny Treats" and post them on the blog.

I'm doomed. I'm SO totally screwed. I can already envision my new cell phone bills each month....not to mention my utilization once I return to work.

Oh well. I mean...it's all for you. Not for me. Because that would mean that I'm a total geek.

Enjoy the treats! And happy anniversary, a few days early, to Life with Lily and Anna. I just couldn't wait.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com